8 WAYS TO CALM AN IMPATIENT DECORATOR

If my husband read this headline, an image of me hauling a chaise lounge upstairs or using my legs to push a heavy bookcase across the room would immediately pop into his head. In my redesigning frenzy he asks, "Why didn't you wait for me to help you with that? You are so impatient." I'm not that impatient really. It's just that I don't want to explain why I'm editing the room again. He just doesn't understand.

Does anyone else out there suffer from "The Designer's Curse?" We nip, tuck, pin, and pull until it is almost perfect, because it never really is...Because I'm in good company, I feel I can be transparent with you and the millions of houzz.com readers about the impatient decorator in me. I've pulled together 8 ideas that could help people like us in satisfying our desire for change. Here are a couple:

pulp design studios modern bathroom
image courtesy of Pulp Design Studios


Change the knobs on any furniture item for a fun, fresh update. Semi-custom furniture has never been so affordable.


Plaza Towers Condo Renovation modern living room
image courtesy of Niki Papadopoulos/Mark Williams Design Associates


Add a rustic element to your modern decor. This stump made of petrified wood adds personality to the space and combats the "fresh off the showroom floor" look. For more smart decorating solution, to check out my latest article for houzz.
What is your favorite quick fix?
You have read this article advice / houzz ideabooks / nesting with the title 8 WAYS TO CALM AN IMPATIENT DECORATOR. You can bookmark this page URL http://homeofturquoise.blogspot.com/2011/06/8-ways-to-calm-impatient-decorator.html. Thanks!

No comment for "8 WAYS TO CALM AN IMPATIENT DECORATOR"